What Personal Information does The Bible Reading Fellowship collect about you?
The types of information we gather include:
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our provision of resources and communicating with you.
- Automatic collection of information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use 'cookies'. You can find information about the types of cookies we use below.
- Information from other sources: We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our delivery agents or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information for the purposes of improving our service to you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as providing information to the owners of the site.
The table below shows the cookies we use:
|Cookie||Name||Set when||What this cookie does|
|Google Analytics||_utma; _utmb; _utmc; _utmd ;DoubleClick||On arrival||
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use this information to help us improve our website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
|Login||Begins with SESS e.g. SESS67b59feb776d0cf96303d336ae72f361||On login||This cookie allows you to login and use the website tools.|
|AddThis||uid; ssh; sshs; ssc; siteaud; ana_svc; uit; bt; dt; _utma; _utmb; _utmc; _atuvc; uid; _atuvc;||On use of sharing buttons||Each page on the site uses AddThis sharing buttons to enable you to share the content you find to a number of different social networks. These cookies are loaded after you use the sharing buttons. AddThis is personalised so that sharing buttons you use more are displayed on screen. If you want to adjust your settings, visit the AddThis website here.|
|Cookie notification||cookie-agreed-en||On dismissing the cookie warning notification||This cookie is set when you dismiss the information popup informing you about cookies.|
The majority of web browsers allow some control of cookies. To find out how to change cookie settings in your browser, click here.
You will find a number of YouTube videos embedded on this website. Videos on our website are embedded using privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer if you start to play a video, but will not set cookies if you do not click on the video. For more information, view Youtube's embedded video information page.
Do we share your personal information?
We share customer information only with our agents such as our distributors and associated businesses (see below).
The Messy Church website has within it a number of places where individual users of the site can choose to share personal information, for example the stories section and the Messy Church Directory. We have added a section below which indicates how information on the Messy Church Directory can be displayed and disseminated (see below).
Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- reasonably necessary to comply with the law
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
- to protect our rights and those of our users
- The information you give us will be displayed on the Messy Church website for other Messy Churches and/or those wanting to attend a Messy Church (with the exception of the final section as indicated). As this information is in the public domain we recommend you create an email address specifically for your Messy Church.
- All the information you submit may be made available to Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church Team and BRF.
- In addition we may contact you, for example (but not limited to), to ask you to update the information we hold about your Messy Church, to query information already submitted, to inform you about developments within Messy Church or improvements to our website or to ask you to join in with a survey or other piece of research to aid the development of Messy Church.
- A full list of the components of information that can be entered on the Messy Church directory, and which ones are public, is available as part of our Messy Church Directory FAQs.
Terms and Conditions, notices and revisions